QA South-West: quality assurance
Paul Garvey and his consultant team have wide experience of quality assurance in many educational fields, both public and private.
Examples of work undertaken are:
- Quality assurance of a range of 14-16 providers for a Local Authority.
- Quality assurance of a school with leadership difficulties for a Local Authority.
- Quality assurance of the Children In Need service in a Local Authority.
- Quality assurance of diplomas for a Local Authority.
- Quality assurance of an EOTAS service for a Local Authority.
- Quality assurance of departments and department leaders in secondary schools.
- Quality assurance of teaching and learning in primary and secondary schools via joint observation programmes with middle and senior leaders.
- Quality assurance of creative curricula in primary and secondary schools.
- Quality assurance of core subjects, in both secondary schools and primary schools through consultant residencies.
- Quality assurance of and development of, pupil voice in primary and secondary schools.
This quality assurance will be carried out by Paul, or by highly experienced consultants in that particular field.
QA South-West can also provide experienced external interviewers for interview panels.
Such quality assurance can be very useful to schools as it always highlights other areas for school improvement, as well as, very importantly, often providing confidence, support and encouragement for the people who are quality assured; in many cases, to help you to reassure them that they are actually doing a really good job!
Please don’t hesitate to contact QA South-West, should you have a quality assurance issue in your school, or setting. An independent view can often be really helpful for a LA leader, headteacher, principal, or manager.